Thursday, October 23, 2014

what a morning!

Yesterday started off pretty stressful as I woke up only 10 minutes before I planned to leave for my 8 a.m. dentist appointment in Tallahassee. My phone alarm, which is almost always successful at getting me out of bed by 5:30, didn't do the trick. Thankfully, right after my initial panic & disbelief of the numbers on the clock, I thanked God for waking me up when He did. I wasn't my usual ball of stress rushing frantically around the house & out the door. It's amazing how simply stopping to recognize & praise God instead of focusing on the fact that I had almost no time to get ready gave me such a peace. I even squeezed in setting out drinks/snacks for the boys before I scooted out the door ... AND I was actually early to my appointment! Anyone who knows me, knows being on time is a challenge, and being early is practically a miracle :)

I usually dread dentist appointments. I had major reason yesterday since I was told by my former dentist that I need a root canal. Those two words equal nightmare to me, which is why I sought out a dentist who uses "laughing gas" for this procedure. Well, when I pulled up to the office that resembles a very large mountain home and went inside, I was completely at ease. I cannot even begin to explain how nice this place is other than to say it feels very "homey." Whoever designed this dental office is a genius for achieving what seems like the impossible - creating a truly comfortable environment for people who usually arrive pretty anxious ... Yet another thing I found myself thanking the Lord for in the first two hours of my day.

After my appointment I headed to Chick-fil-A to grab a surprise breakfast for everyone, especially Hudson. I'm pretty sure he tells me at least once a week how he can't wait to have their hash browns again :) When I arrived at the pay window, the worker informed me that the man in the car ahead of me had paid for our order. WHAT?! I couldn't believe it. I've heard of complete strangers paying for others, but never thought I would ever experience it. As grateful as I was though, I couldn't help but feel bad because there are so many people who desperately need a free meal, but as my wise friend informed me - that's not the point. I know God allowed that to make us aware of this kind of generosity that we need to be doing for others on a regular basis. It was SO exciting to share this news with Gus and the boys, and I can't wait to see who all God leads us to bless in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment