Saturday, October 4, 2014

inspired.

I'm a major fan of E! News. I know a lot of it is unimportant celebrity news, but I enjoy it when I can. It's just a nice little break from "real" news I guess. Anyway, several weeks ago Giuliana Rancic [love her] casually mentioned something about Jason Kennedy [another E! News journalist] and his faith. I had to google him, of course. I found out he's a fellow Floridian & is engaged to a girl named Lauren Scruggs who was in a horrific accident almost 3 years ago... this really intrigued me, so I dug deeper. I was stunned as I read several articles about how she stepped into a plane propeller & lost her left hand + eye. Apparently the accident caught national attention, but I hadn't heard about it. So, I bought her book: Still Lolo. I could have easily read it in a day if I had the time. It's that good. Her determination, her beauty, and her trust in Jesus through her darkest days inspires me more than I could ever articulate. Even more inspiring, it's a story of the enormous power of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment