Tuesday, September 23, 2014

going back...

Last month we traveled to Athens, Georgia, for a fun family wedding. I LOVE that city. Athens is the place I lived for three years after I transferred to UGA in the summer of '98; the place I lived the majority of my long-distance relationship with Gus before we married; the place I saw a lot of great bands; the place I became hooked on running; the place I spent hours and hours at a drafting table [and realized I didn't love that aspect of my major]; the only place I have ever lived with no roommates; the place I never once attended a football game [I still don't know why exactly because I loved that Georgia was a big football school when I applied for admission.]; the place I discovered that I did in fact love the speech class that I put off taking until senior year because I was scarred from a speech back in high school; the place that made me realize that Fall is my very favorite time of year ... I could go on and on. The great memories & friendships that resulted from my UGA college days made it so fun going back and showing the kids around :)

I lived downtown in the building below my last 2 years @ Georgia, which is directly across the street from campus. I had forgotten how beautiful the campus is... we had the best time walking around & exploring.








[Dawson Hall - the building I basically lived in for my Furnishings & Interiors degree] 

I am such a thinker ... I'm the person who will try to imagine what it would be like to live in a certain time period or an old home, so I couldn't walk around campus without picturing myself back then having no clue what my future would really look like. I dreamed so much about marrying Gus while I was in Athens, but I never imagined we would have 3 boys and a little girl. I couldn't help but feel so incredibly blessed. Blessed to have gone to UGA in the first place, blessed to have such fond memories & blessed to have 4 little crazy kids to share them with.


2 comments: